MGM showcase

Went to MGM Songwriters Showcase on 10th September.

MGM stands for Malaysian Gospel Music and its function to promote more local Christian music among Malaysians.

I sang 2 unheard worship songs I composed few years ago.
One of it is among the first worship songs I composed, it's called CRY HOLY. Glad to hear it still speak so much to people as it was in the past.
The other was raw and even before the showcase, I try to re-arrange the melody of the song a bit, try my best to update the style a bit -- called Let Revival Fall. It was a gamble but I took it.. haha.. but glad to receive the feedback and learn from it.

Overall, it was a great experience and a great encouragement to be there. It encouraged me as a Christian songwriter to write good songs for the Lord and see local Christian music impacting the community. I am convicted and hope to bring such message to wherever I go, starting with FCC.

Met the well-know local Christian songwriters like Patrick Teoh and Ps. Ng Wai Lok. Great to be able to interact and get to know them in person.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2017 Timothy Lim. All Rights Reserved.